Tried a new recipe today: South African Bobotie – sort of like a curry lamb pie/stew. It was awesome!
I did a few diversions from the original recipe:
– Ground the meat from leg and hip meat together with fresh ground coriander seeds, cumin, black pepper, and yellow mustard. It was a bit of work to trim it off the bone and remove excess fat and sinew, but that meat is so lean and tasty!
– Doubled the size
– Added Garlic (6 cloves) to the onions (and you could not even tell it was in there)
– Used chopped, unpeeled Cherry Tomatoes instead of peeled regular
– Replaced Raisins and Apricot jam with coarse chopped apricots.
– Used four large teaspoons of Madras Curry powder, instead of mild curry.
– Used full corn bread instead of fine white
The dish was so warm form the curry and sweetish from the apricots, that I was not sure if it was dinner or a hot dessert. Super Yummy and Delish!
Here is a shot of the Bobotie straight from the oven.
Love that Turmeric color!
You must log in to post a comment.