Honesty in job advertising 😀
Meaningless Repetitive Work on the .NET Stack
Sometimes you just need to mix it up. It can’t all be Silicon Valley in the Sunshine State. Someone has to keep the cogs turning on mission-critical infrastructure in large enterprises where all hope has been lost.
Grease the wheels of capitalism with your tears, secure in the knowledge that we will pay you handsomely for your soul.
– Multiple generations of legacy code that cannot be refactored without destroying the entire house of cards.
– Design anti-patterns as a design pattern.
– Live, mission-critical system where you develop on the production instance.
– Large sections of managed and native COBOL.
– Easily top every development horror story at LAN parties.
– An extreme resilience and ability to withstand intense pressure.
– A numbness to the absence of excellence.
– Wily survival instincts and the ability to keep your head down combined with a reckless disregard for type safety.
– A bonus is any political experience, whether as a candidate or as an elected official.